WellPet Vets VET ICU
WellPet Vets Nepean is open 24 Hours a day 365 days a year. Operating from Nepean Animal Hospital is our Western Sydney Veterinary Emergency Service.
This means that WellPet Vets can offer round the clock care for critical patients in our Intensive care unit (ICU). With a team of experienced veterinary staff and the latest in supportive care equipment you can be assured if your pet is ever critically ill that we can be there to see them through.
Overnight monitoring for referring hospitals available
We also offer overnight monitoring for patients of local veterinary hospitals, so if your pet needs care while your regular vet is closed, we can help. WellPet staff can organise for your pet to be carefully transferred by ambulance to our ICU ward and then back again when your vet reopens to continue their care. Your pet will never have to be left alone in a hospital when they are unwell ever again.
Some of our ICU equipment includes:
- Cardell Monitoring Equipment – this allows us to monitor ECG, Blood pressure, Heart rate, CO2 output, Temperature, SOP2 (oxygen saturation)
- Oxygen generator – for use with intranasal oxygen or masked O2
- Darvell patient warmers – to regulate body temperature in both cooling and warming
- On site X-ray, Ultrasound and Endoscopy – for quick diagnostics
- On site advanced laboratory – including haematology machines, cytology, blood gases and urinalysis to allow for faster diagnosis.
- 2 x Isoflurane General anaesthetic machines
Does your pet need intensive care?
If your pet is ever in the unfortunate circumstance in which their health requires critical care, rest assured that WellPet Vets ICU will be there to see your pet through. We are there when you need us!