Are you looking for a new job?
WellPet Vet hospitals are always looking for experienced and competent new employees, who share the same values as we do, to join our team! So If you are in a position where you are looking for a new job within this exciting industry or even looking to start your career in the veterinary industry, we would love to hear from you!
See below for positions currently vacant!
Do you share our WellPet Vets core values?
The following values are what our team is made of and what makes us who we are. All of these values were taken from qualities known to staff members in our team.
“LEADERSHIP”– In our field, in the hospital, for the advocacy of the pet
“INTEGRITY” – Transparency in treatment and cost, ethical and moral, honesty
“PATIENT ADVOCACY” – Speaking for the pets needs, ensuring the best for our patients
“TEAM WORK” – No one is above any task, help each other, work together
“COMPASSION” – Empathy for clients and pets, kindness and heart
“KNOWLEDGE” – Seeking knowledge continually, wide breadth of knowledge across the team, CE, training
“CLIENT FOCUS” – Exceptional customer service, to go above and beyond, polite and courteous, we are here to serve them.
Submit an application.
Please fill out the form on this page, attach your resume and tell us a bit about yourself and we will be in touch!
We are looking for an experienced, and dedicated person, with a passion for people and animals to manage Nepean Animal Hospital. In order to succeed in this role, you must be highly organised, and an expert in personnel management.
Nepean Animal Hospital, located near the base of the Blue Mountains, is our primary hospital. Established in 2005, it was the first of three hospitals in the WellPet Vets group. Beginning as a single vet and nurse, it has since grown to become the only permanently staffed, 24-hour hospital in the Greater West.
Nepean Animal Hospital is full service Animal Hospital, boasting an extensive array of industry leading equipment. These are utilised across a range of services including; soft tissue and orthopaedic surgery, consultation and preventative care, client educational programs such as Puppy Preschool, wildlife rehabilitation and care, ultrasonography and radiology, as well as emergency and critical care. Nepean Animal Hospital also boast the complete IDEXX laboratory suite and performs a vast array and quantity of in house diagnostics. At Nepean Animal Hospital, as a referral hospital, we see a high volume of complex patients and a large variety of cases. No two days are ever the same!
WellPet has a team of over 40 people, some of whom share their roles across the other two Animal Hospitals. At Nepean Animal Hospital you will work with a team of 4-5 veterinarians, 4-5 nursing staff, as well as yourself on any given day. We also have offsite phone incoming call support, which will soon be a fully functioning call centre. Overnight we have a team of 1-2 vets and 1-2 nurses dedicated to our emergency service, delivering an around the clock, high standard in veterinary care.
This is a unique and excellent opportunity for a highly motivated individual to lead the team at Western Sydney’s leading Animal Hospital. You will be working closely with the owner/director, the leadership team of WellPet Vets, as well as two other practice managers located at our other hospitals. You will be responsible for the day to day operations of Nepean Animal Hospital, as well as some shared services across the three hospitals.
• Supporting the team in executing the day to day operations of the hospital;
• Liaising with the executive regarding business strategy and planning;
• Involvement in recruitment, training and induction of new employees;
• Organise ongoing training and support for employees as required;
• Processing employee purchases and adding the appropriate discount;
• Performance management;
• Ensuring the team is delivering the highest quality care to patients and their owners;
• Attendance at CE and Employee Social Activities;
• Inventory management; including bi-weekly ordering, monthly rolling stocktakes, and monthly budget reporting;
• Liaise with wholesale representatives;
• Co-ordinate and implement any in Hospital events, training, and system integration;
• Oversee and liaise with in Hospital program co-ordinators;
• Hospital equipment care and maintenance;
• Provide feedback and assistance for rostering;
• Customer service;
• Invoice checking;
• Weekly banking duties;
• Reception support – as required;
• Supporting the various units within the team as required;
• Proven experience as a team leader, or manager within a hospital;
• A collaborative nature with the ability to accept and offer feedback;
• Ability to work in a changing environment;
• Remain calm when dealing with difficult situations;
• Problem solving and decision-making skills;
• Ability to coach, mentor, and train – proven experience in this area desirable;
• Effective time management and organisational skills in an autonomous environment;
• Excellent written and verbal communication with the ability to deliver tailored information to various levels within the company;
• Excellent work ethic and commitment to the culture and values at WellPet Vets;
• An unwavering “can do” & positive attitude toward the growth of the business;
• Experience with RX Works, and Smart Flow;
• A high level of expertise in MS Word and MS Excel desirable;
• Inventory Management;
• Availability to perform regular weekend work (1 day per week);
• A Certificate IV in Management and Veterinary Nursing (or equivalent) is desirable;
Remuneration is above award, competitive and commensurate with experience. You will receive a company mobile phone plan, staff discounts, and continuing education opportunities.
If you are interested in joining us in leading a team of dedicated, friendly, compassionate and hardworking people please send us a cover letter detailing how you meet the above criteria along with your CV to Allison and Tony at email@example.com.
Good Luck with your application,
Dr Antony Karolis BVSc (hons 1), MBA
THE ULTIMATE GENERAL PRACTITIONER
Nepean Animal Hospital – Regentville, Sydney
(Positions available for all levels of experience, full-time and part-time)
Are you after a job that will test the limits of your abilities as a general practitioner? That will improve your skill set rapidly? Nepean Animal Hospital is an extremely busy small animal hospital that sees a huge variety of cases. We are equipped to manage everything, with the very latest gear in all departments. We are constantly upgrading our facilities and keep our protocols and equipment at the cutting edge of general practice. We have been rapidly growing since opening in 2005 and are always looking for new team members to join our continuously growing business.
We require vets that are capable of managing a wide and heavy caseload. That can handle the pressure of providing the best care, and that want to be paid well to do so. With no shortage of clients and cases, we are a constantly evolving hospital. We have several experienced vets, ranging from over 17 years all the way to a few new grads. Team work is mandatory, and a healthy lifestyle a prerequisite. We roster each full-time vet on 4 shifts per week, including one shift on the weekend. Pay is well above award.
If you want to be the vet you imagined being when you studied at university, then Nepean Animal Hospital is the place to be. We have vets and nurses onsite 24/7 every day of the year. You will not be required to work nights as we have our own dedicated ER team who manage our patients and emergency admissions every evening.
Our practice is constantly evolving, with a large amount of investment going back into the hospital every year. Equipment, continuing education, training, and technology are priorities for our practice. With winter on the way, now is the perfect time to join our team and settle in. Our main website is www.wellpet.com.au, we also have a Facebook Page WellPet Vets.
If this sounds like the kind of environment you have been looking for then contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. I am happy to send photos of our equipment, and hospital environment, as well as upgrade plans for the next 12 months to interested applicants.